The Naked Paw took nearly a year to research, formulate and test their recipes to really pack the most balanced nutrition in to each and every tub.
One ingredient we learnt more about and really understand the benefits of is kelp, yes in simple terms, seaweed.
Kelp is the a super food for dogs, packing in around 40 different vitamins, minerals and trace minerals that well-up from the bottom of the sea as well as 21 amino acids. Kelp is also a complex carbohydrate and a natural source for numerous growth hormones. Just a few superpowers of kelp in its benefits to your dogs diet may include:
- Great for skin allergies. Can help reduce itching and inflammation.
- Regulates glandular activity in the thyroid, pituitary and adrenal glands.
- Contains protein and amino acids that help tissue repair.
- High-fibre content helps digestion.
- Can help reduce dental plaque and tarter build up.
We use Bull Kelp in our recipe sourced from TasKelp. TasKelp are based in Tasmania and harvest from clean, unpolluted waters around Tasmania and King Island. The species included in our recipe comes from the West Coast of Tasmania (Marrawah to be specific) where this unique species of Bull Kelp thrives in the mixing zone of nutrients welling up from the depths of the Great Southern Ocean. This kelp meal is not overly heated, therefore a higher moisture content and one of Australia’s cleanest organic kelp.